Keyboard Stays on Screen

Touch-It not working as expected? Report problems and share solutions!
Shukin

Keyboard Stays on Screen

Postby Shukin » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:53 pm

Hello, I'm a new user of the virtual keyboard and, so far, it really surprised me on how well it works.
The only problem that I'm searching for a solution for this to be my definitive virtual keyboard is that, if your computer stays idle, it doesn't minimize automatically.
As I'm developing a self-service kiosk, and a virtual keyboard is essential, it'd be necessary for it to minimize after some time. Is there a way to configure this?

Thanks for your time and have a nice day!

chessware
Site Admin

Re: Keyboard Stays on Screen

Postby chessware » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:58 pm

This means that you are not using On-Demand, right? The keyboard is opened manually.

Shukin

Postby Shukin » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:25 pm

I'm using On-Demand, I took off all manual shortcuts so that it's not accidentally opened. When you select a text input, the keyboard appears as usual, but if it's not unselected, it'll not return. Do I have to create a "un-focus" coding to bring it down again or is there a config to do so?

The idea is that, even if an input is selected, after some time the keyboard should move out of the way until someone activates the terminal again. Is it possible through the software or should I do this coding alternative to do so?

chessware
Site Admin

Postby chessware » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:30 pm

There is currently no setting for this but we will check what could be done.
The problem is with On-demand. As the input box already has the focus, no event is fired, the keyboard won't ever reopen.

Sure it might be simpler if you could on your side switch to another element which do not require the keyboard (or the welcome screen).

Return to “Problems and solutions”