Old .kbl Template

Touch-It not working as expected? Report problems and share solutions!
ItsDusk

Old .kbl Template

Postby ItsDusk » Mon May 14, 2018 7:50 pm

Hi.

I have an old .kbl template that has been used for quite some time on some old machines that my company has running. We're currently in the process of upgrading everything from an xp platform to a Win10 platform. We have also switched over to the newest TouchIt software and have noticed that the old .kbl template we created in an archaic version of Designer, is incompatible with the newest version of TouchIt.

We are hoping that there is a tool or service to allow for the use of our old .kbl so as to avoid having to create a new one in Designer. I have tried opening the old template in notepad and changing <Designer Version="4"/> to <Designer Version="5"/> ,to no avail.

Perhaps there is a way to trick the software into reading the .kbl as version 5 through notepad? I'm not sure if this is against TOS. If it is, please, let me know. I will stop.

Thank you in advance!

chessware
Site Admin

Re: Old .kbl Template

Postby chessware » Tue May 15, 2018 10:01 am

I'm afraid that v4 files are not compatible with v5 and need to be recreated from scratch.

We can do this for you for a small fee. Contact us by email if you are interested.

Return to “Problems and solutions”