The keyboard needs a privilege elevation in order to operate with any apps, including those started as admin. However, the elevation requires the code to be signed and the certification chain validated.
"A referral was returned from the server" error means that the certificate used to sign the app cannot be verified because a certificate authority is missing in the certificate chain.
Trusted certificates are updated by Windows Update. However, automatic updates may be turned off, manually or by GPO.
The simplest would be to re-enable trusted root certificate update.
To manually install the required root certificate:
1. Download the AddTrust External CA Root certificate from Comodo.
2. Double-click on the file and click on "Install certificate".
3. Click "Next >"
4. Check "Place all certificates in the following store", click on "Browse" and select "Trusted root certification authorities".
5. Click "Next >" to complete.
Frequently asked questions
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- Site Admin
- Posts: 372
- Joined: Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:26 am
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest