Language Toggle

Touch-It not working as expected? Report problems and share solutions!
mbylsma

Language Toggle

Postby mbylsma » Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:57 pm

Hi,

Apologies if there is already a solution posted. I am sifting through the forum while I write this.

Looking for an option to toggle the keyboard language. Is it possible to make a button that switches the keyboard from French to English on the fly?

Much appreciated for any support.

Thank you,

chessware
Site Admin

Re: Language Toggle

Postby chessware » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:40 am

Add an Action key type and tick the Toggle key checkbox on the Layout tab.
designer1.png
Then select the Actions tab and add a Change language command in the Down event. Do the same with the Up event.
designer2.png
You can also choos an alternate caption when the key is toggled.
designer3.png
Finally to ensure that the key state is correct at startup, you can force the "Up" language when the keyboard is loaded.
designer4.png

mbylsma

Postby mbylsma » Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:50 pm

Hi,

Thank you for the reply.

I believe I have followed the instructions. However I still must be missing something.

I created a button, with the toggle action. I have DEFAULT as EN and Toggle as FR in the CAPTIONS tab.

Compiling the keyboard seems to work, and my when the keyboard is on screen, my new button is there. Toggling it makes a sound, but nothing happens.

I am curious how this is supposed to work since the french language has several extra characters with accents. They keyboard I used is a copied localized container from another keyboard template. Is this the incorrect way of doing it?

When toggling to French, would I see extra keys for the accents?

Appreciate the help,

Mark

mbylsma

Postby mbylsma » Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:44 pm

Hi,

I think I have figured it out. Windows needs the French keyboard Language pack for starters.

It seemed some of the localized container keyboard layouts would automatically toggle when the language of the windows keyboard was set.

This solution seems to work for me.

Thanks again,

Mark

Return to “Problems and solutions”