Using a .kbl file once created

Touch-It not working as expected? Report problems and share solutions!
clindsey

Using a .kbl file once created

Postby clindsey » Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:04 am

I can't figure out the solution to an extraordinarily basic problem. The keyboard is enormous on my screen and I simply want to make it smaller. I understand that I should do the resizing using the Design tool, and I have made changes that I believe would give me a better proportioned keyboard. I now have a .kbl file that looks promising. How do I actually get to use it? I cannot figure out how to tell the program that it should use this file. There was a question posted similar to this (how to change the default keyboard) but it never got a response. The entry on how to resize was helpful in that it got me this far, but it did not mention how to make use of the file once created.

clindsey

Re: Using a .kbl file once created

Postby clindsey » Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:30 am

Ok, I found a YouTube video which helped me understand better how to make a workable keyboard and use it. But all I really want is a smaller keyboard than the default, and I would like to know if it is possible to take an existing keyboard such as TIKeyboard.kbl and simply resize it. Or do I need to start from scratch and make one?

chessware
Site Admin

Re: Using a .kbl file once created

Postby chessware » Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:16 am

Based on TIKeyboard.kbl.

There is a Resize property you can play with. By default, it is set to Reference of 1024 width which resize the keyboard proportionally to fit the current monitor. If you set it to Monitor width, the keyboard width is stretched but the height remains unchanged (300px) or you can select No resize to keep the designed size (1024x300).
designer1.png
You can also set different keyboard width/height. You will then need to resize all the elements as well.
designer2.png
designer3.png

Return to “Problems and solutions”