Designer Code Editing

Touch-It not working as expected? Report problems and share solutions!
rpeifer

Designer Code Editing

Postby rpeifer » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:50 pm

I am new to this product and have three issues that I could use some help with:

1. Are there any more tutorials on how to use Touch-It designer, maybe some that go over editing the installer code?

2. We have created a keyboard that is minimized when there is no focus on the screen, when focus is attained the keyboard loads. We would like to add an idle timeout that makes the keyboard minimize after 10 seconds. Is this possible? If so can you point me in the right direction of building this into our installer?

3. I would also like to note that we need everything to be silent/invisible. Currently we are running it through an autoit script. When ran in autoit we still get a cmd prompt screen pop up for a split second. We would like to eliminate this. Also know that we have used SW_HIDE in the script when running the touchit.exe with no luck. The only way we corrected this was with a vbs script but translating the rest of the code over has proved quite difficult.
Please let me know if there is someway we can alter the Touchit.exe code in the designer to change all of the SW_SHOW to SW_HIDE, so far I have had no luck.

Thank you in advance for any help.

chessware
Site Admin

Re: Designer Code Editing

Postby chessware » Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:02 am

1. Help file is coming. By the time, feel free to provide us with you requirement and we'll do our best to help.

2. It is only when the field is getting the focus that we can figure out whether the keyboard is needed. Adding a timeout would require a manual opening.

3. The install process is based on Inno Setup. To run it silently, add the command parameters /SP- /VerySilent.

rpeifer

Postby rpeifer » Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:23 pm

1. Thank you, and because of this sorry for any future dumb questions.

2. That is unfortunate. We have been trying to accomplish it the same way by running killit.exe after 10 idle seconds and then reopening using touchit.exe but it causes the cmd prompt pop up. Can we code this into the raw data code area of the installer in designer? If so could you provide instructions or an example of what it should look like?

3. Sorry for the dumb question, but where am I adding these command parameters?

chessware
Site Admin

Postby chessware » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:26 pm

If you want to control the keyboard from your application (show/hide), please link to it via COM.
You must first reinstall and select the COM server. Then you can link to it via touchit.automation. The methods are listed here.

Raw data is for installation only.

Return to “Problems and solutions”