Cap Lock issue

Touch-It not working as expected? Report problems and share solutions!
halimahveon

Cap Lock issue

Postby halimahveon » Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:08 pm

When I use Cap Lock (press shift 2x), my Enter button no longer works, and I cannot select an item from a listbox, nor a datasheet, it only gets the top item. When I undo the cap lock its all good. I'm using WIndows 10 on a microsoft surface tablet.

Hopefully you can fix that, but in the meantime, is it possible to change the look of the enter key and or shift key when Cap lock is on so there is a visual indication of what's happening?

My other issue, is that occasionally, it the keyboard just stops working, and I have to kill it and restart it or shut the tablet down and restart. Its not often enough to be unusable, but is a little concerning. I will try to gather more data about how long and when that happens.

Thank you,

Halimah

chessware
Site Admin

Re: Cap Lock issue

Postby chessware » Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:53 pm

Thank you for your feedback, we will check the CapsLock issue asap.

The keyboard rendering is only based on png images, you can create your own if you want. Here is a blue button. Just copy it to the Touch-It data folder to replace the dark gray down button. Copy/paste this line to the Explorer address bar to access this folder (hidden):
%ProgramData%\Chessware\Touch-It

If you have install v5.11, you should be able to restart the keyboard without restarting by its app icon which first kills the previous instance before continuing.
Attachments
Btn2_Down.png
Btn2_Down.png (856 Bytes) Viewed 5480 times

halimahveon

Postby halimahveon » Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:06 pm

Thank you. I understand the buttons are images. What I'm not sure, is if I can change the image depending on whether caps lock is on or off. So if it is on and affecting the enter button, Its blue, and change it back to grey when caps lock is off?

chessware
Site Admin

Postby chessware » Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:15 pm

This will affect buttons when they are pressed or toggled. So this will attract your attention when CapsLock is on.
Changing all keys colors could be possible but it would require a new keyboard to be loaded with a different theme.

halimahveon

Postby halimahveon » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:59 pm

Update. I updated to the new version. When the Caps lock was on, it still would freeze the screen in a way so only the top menu selection would be selected, regardless of what you actually tapped on. So I had to create an uppercase keyboard, and use that, and a toggle instead of the Shift key. It doesn't go off after one letter like shift does, but its less confusing than selecting the wrong item for no "apparent" reason.

There's my work around. Thank you. Overall I like the product and available functionality.

Return to “Problems and solutions”