Please change keyboard standard layout in some cases

suggest features or improvements
cadman

Please change keyboard standard layout in some cases

Postby cadman » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:52 pm

Overall the layouts are great but I ran into a case where the keyboard is basically nonfunctional. I'm testing on a Dell Venue 8 Pro with Windows 8.1 and also have Start8 installed for the desktop start menu. If I have the start menu open and initiate your keyboard it shows up a smaller keyboard to the right hand side that has just the letters. Then in the lower left there is the two buttons to select all and select left I believe they are. But it's missing is a Shift Key (no way to capitalize anything) and more importantly a key to get you to the symbols keyboard. Now after you play with it for a bit you probably learn that you can hold one of the other keys down. But I would think a Shift Key as well as a Key to get to the other keyboards should always be present.

chessware
Site Admin

Re: Please change keyboard standard layout in some cases

Postby chessware » Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:10 pm

I must say that we've never tried Start8 and we're glad to hear that it works smoothly with our app ;)

A lighter keyboard shows because you are in the search box. A search is not case sensitive, why do you want capitals (and symbols) ?

Now, keep in mind that you can customize any keyboard. If you need a shift key in this case, feel free to add it to TIStartMenu.kbl,
If you want to use the bigger keyboard for the Start menu, just execute the setup, select the Keyboards tab and delete the node explorer.exe/DV2ControlHost.

Return to “Suggestions”